Then we will see over French Way by Leon

We went in León.

Aymeric Picaud SAHAGÚN for the city is full of all kinds of prosperities. It is named after San Fagun or San Facundo.
Grew to five hospitals. He had the main Benedictine Abbey of Spain, and retains splendid churches.

MANSILLA DE LAS MULAS, who was Jacobean hospitals, see, reflected in the Esla, the remains of its walls. It still has the bow called Santamaria, where pilgrims, entered.

In LEÓN joined the Camino Asturias, León and a fork in the road came to Oviedo, for pilgrims to visit the relics of the Holy House of the Cathedral. I read a romance:

Quien camina a Santiago
y no ve al Salvador,
visita al criado
y olvida al Señor.

2000 years old city, preserved medieval Roman walls and fences.
Here settled the Legio VII Gemina, at the confluence of the rivers Bernesga and thorium. In the Codex Calixtino is called Regia city and court, full of all happiness.
The Cathedral, with three ships, the most beautiful Gothic, is known as The pulchra (exquisite) lion, and possesses the richest windows of Spain. There was a Romanesque cathedral in the late twelfth and early thirteenth were replaced by the Gothic style of France.
Pilgrims stopped at the church of Santa Maria del Camino, Santa Maria Market today.
The Collegiate-Basilica of San Isidoro (which contains the remains of the saint), is the most comprehensive set of Romanesque art, and was built on the ruins of an ancient temple dedicated to San Juan Bautista, which was destroyed by Almanzor late sX
At the Royal Pantheon, the resting 23 real bodies, known as the Sistine Chapel of Romanesque art.
San Marcos, fronted Plateresque was headquarters of the Order of Santiago and said the most important of the seventeen hospitals that had the city.
Today is a luxurious parador.
Laffi, in the eighteenth century, mentions that in San Marcos de León mark the refrain, as do in Burgos to control the pilgrims, and not remain in the same hospital over five nights in winter and three in summer.
The Sanctuary of the Virgen del Camino enrecuerdo rose the appearance of the Virgin to a pastor in the early sixteenth century.
On the facade, bronze images of the Apostles, sculptor Subirachs.

Around Órbigo river created a Hospital of St John of Jerusalem monks of the bridge and immediately took its name: Órbigo Bridge Hospital. It preserves the remains of the church and pilgrim hostel Hospital today. The bridge dates from the twelfth century, but has been rebuilt in the middle of this century.
It has a length of 200 meters and twenty vaults sillería.Sendos monoliths on either side of the bridge remind the honorable Paso episode: Suero de Quinones, in 1434, out of love for his lady Dona Leonor, and to deserve it, placed a throat iron and promised not to remove it until breaking 300 lances in his honor. Forced to fight him and his companions for thirty days at the knights tried to cross the bridge over the Órbigo.
Nearly one hundred knights were defeated and three hundred spears were broken in nearly eight hundred races. After the "Step" or Fair, victorious knights grateful pilgrimage to Santiago the Apostle. And Suero de Quinones gave in memory of this feat a necklace of gold still looks the bust of James the Lesser that Doña Urraca gave to Gelmírez and is in the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela.

ASTORGA, pre-Roman fort, legal Convent Capital, was described by Pliny magnificent and deserved the epithet of Augusta. Canned Roman walls.
Here he joined the Camino de la Plata coming from Merida.
The Episcopal Palace of Astorga was commissioned Gaudí made in 1887 by Bishop Juan Grau. A bishop's death, Gaudí resigned to finish the work and this was completed in a very different to the pyramidal roof designed by the Catalan architect. In this palace now houses the Museum of the Ways. In the museum there is a picture of the apostle on horseback, dressed in pilgrim attributes.
Its cathedral, the XV, is a beautiful example of flamboyant Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque, on Roman remains. 

In FONCEBADÓN there an iron cross in artificial hill of stones carried by pilgrims, the style of the Galician milladoiros. Despite its simplicity, is one of the most famous and iconic Camino de Santiago.
In town, today only ruins, a council was held in the tenth century
Holly is the first village of Bierzo. Its inhabitants were exempt from taxes in exchange for renewed periodically eight hundred stakes that marked the path to the pilgrims.

PONFERRADA. Over the river Sil, in the eleventh century, the bishop Osmundo had built a bridge with iron railings was called Pons Ferrata, and that led to the present city of that name.
His castle, which was of the Templars, is one of the examples of military architecture in Spain. 

VILLAFRANCA, the villa free franchise or Villa of the Franks, as the place of settlement of French pilgrims, begins to matter to 1070, when there were established the monks of Cluny.
While there are no documents that mention the tradition is powerful: The sick pilgrims who crossed the road and reached Villafranca, if requested to grant indulgences to the door of Forgiveness in the church of Santiago, also won the Jubilee.
It is a Romanesque church of the twelfth century, which was next to Pilgrim Hospital. The Way of the Virgin call came to her door. Nearby, the pilgrims could quench their thirst at the fountain called San Lazaro.